Reducing Europe’s energy consumption and dependency on imports remains Europe’s greatest challenge. Europe’s 2020 targets call for a 20 percent energy savings target, which has been updated to 27 percent for 2030.
Heating, cooling, and refrigeration play a fundamental role in this domain. Not only because heating and cooling are associated with many different legislative measures, but most importantly because they’ve been identified and projected over the long-term as the EU’s biggest energy sector. Better efficiency in heating and cooling – specifically in buildings – will therefore contribute enormously to achieving Europe’s ambitious overall goals. EU decision-makers have recognized this enormous potential and so have published a new Heating and Cooling Strategy.
This year’s ASERCOM + EPEE Symposium will build on the framework of this new strategy, and will shed light on the latest energy-efficiency initiatives in the HVACR sector, the impact of the new F-Gas rules, and the ever-important element of market surveillance.
Exhibition Centre Nuremberg, NCC Ost, Room: St. Petersburg 10.10.2016, 13:00–17:00
- Keynote introduction – Claude Blanc, Andrea Voigt
- Recognizing the role of the HVACR sector: The EU Commission’s heating and cooling strategy – Eva Hoos, TBC
F-Gas rules and refrigerants: market developments (13:30-14:45):
- Meeting the ambitions of the F-Gas Regulation: The EPEE Gapometer – Ray Gluckman
- Proliferation of Refrigerants delays market adaptation – Régis Leportier
- Working towards a new lower environmental impact – Steve Yurek
- New training needs in the EU – Marco Buoni
Coffee Break (14:45-15:15)
Energy efficiency: solutions to save energy (15:15-16:15):
- Ecodesign for smart appliances – Torben Funder
- Frequency inverters to save energy – John Gibson
- Energy savings, security, Internet of Things – Christian Ellwein
Market surveillance: enforcement is key for success (16:15-16:30):
- Legislation without market surveillance is a dead end – Wolfgang Zaremski
What’s next: A vision for the future (16:30-17:00):
- HVAC&R: a vision for the future – Andrea Voigt
- Closing remarks – Claude Blanc, Andrea Voigt